Thursday, April 29, 2010

So very much to share and I promise it will come soon, but for now I am spending my time loving on my kids and catching up on my sleep. For now here is my last email and pics of the girls.

Korah. Last week I felt sorry for children living at the dump, today I love these children. Last week I walked through houses of strangers and was horrified that people had to live this way, today I walked into the homes of the girls who have braided my hair, taught me to count in their language, made me laugh, taught me games, and stolen my heart. Today it was personal. I sat on the bench next to meseret and cried, "Malia, no cry" her and aster said together. they also said this to me multiple times at church this morning. I was trying to hold it together, believe me. but how do you? when you have spent the last 10 days getting to know someone and somehow not computed that they too live in these unimaginable circumstances. I cried off and on through the homes of aster, senet, fruit, askala, habtume, betty, and more. As the girls were trying to comfort me and telling me not to cry, Aster looked at me and said, "Malia, no cry" she then put her hand on her chest and said "Jesus, love". can you imagine? but Aster is right. I then tried to explain "I'm crying because i love you" "I love you too." they said. today my heart is beyond broken and beyond full, I'm so glad a volcano erupted in Iceland and let be be in this moment...for such a time as this.


Me and Aster

Meseret, my girl and sweet Shwaye

Bakuset, who stole my heart the first day at the dump

3 comments:

Casey or Chris said...

Malia!
Thank you for your birthday greeting on my blog! I wanted to email you, but I can't find your email address. It's so funny because I almost left a comment on this blog post the same day you posted it, but then I couldn't think of what to say. I was going to say you look beautiful, but I didn't want to embarrass you! Well, you look beautiful. I would love to see you and would love to have you to our house. It's a house straight from the Lord. Email me if you have my address, and if not call me or something. Love You!!! Ceije

Anonymous said...

Awhhhh...It is so sweet for me to hear my heart poured out in your words on your blog. I am still wrestling with all we saw that is now so very personal. Those children have a big pice of my heart! Thank you for sharing yourself so freely with them and me too.

Love,
Tracey

P.S. I will think of you every time I see a pair of gauchos... ;)

Rik no Blog said...

Sobre visita aos africanos!