Sunday, August 24, 2008

SPEECHLESS

It is not often that I find myself speechless, but that is exactly what happened this morning at church, I was speechless and brought to tears.
When I first pulled into the parking lot I saw Daryl and Kathy's grandkids playing on the playground and thought it was nice they were here and must be visiting for the day. After Praise instead of greeting right away we found out that Bryce and Summer (the grandkids) were going to play their fiddles for us, not out of the ordinary as they have done this at church before. I sat next to Damaris and smiled as I listened to these incredibly gifted children play a song. Then my dad came up and said that Bryce (11) and Summer (9) had seen on the Internet that there were many children in the world dying because of unclean water and immediately the tears filled my eyes as I knew that Kathy must have shown them The Well Box. Do you know what these children did? They told their parents that they wanted to help because they did not want children to die and so they made a sign "Playin for Water", made a jar with a slit on the top, and took their fiddles to the Saturday Market and played for four hours to raise money for The Well Box and they made $170.00!!! Can you even believe that? I am constantly humbled by the innocent faith of children who see a need and figure out a way to meet it. We have so much to learn from them. Thank you Bryce and Summer for listening to the Lord and having the faith to step out and make a difference! New total...$4481.55!


2 comments:

Angela said...

How EXCITING!!!

Anonymous said...

Malia, Just wanted to say thank you to you for creating the well box website so that we can watch and see how God is helping you raise money. It's really been great to see. Bryce and Summer had a great time playing at the Saturday Market and were very happy to help meet your goal.
God Bless you and your family,