Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Thank You Rotarians!

Cynthia took me to the Rotary lunch today and had a "bell ringing" for the well box. Let me tell you the Rotary is amazing and they do incredible things throughout the world, I am so impressed by this organization. "As signified by the motto Service Above Self, Rotary’s main objective is service — in the community, in the workplace, and throughout the world."
Cynthia wrote a brief description of the history of the well box which they read aloud and then they rang the bell for our family. As the lunch closed, one of the visiting Australian Rotarians tapped me on the shoulder and handed me $100 cash for the well box! Then another Rotarian, Lavinnia gave me $10 and yet another, Susan gave me $5, so all in all we made $115 today bringing our total to $5311.77!! We are soooo very close...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shane, malia, maris, kruse, & hope,
i can't even begin to explain the blessing you all are in my life. my heart is overwhelmed...your obedience to Christ is an inspiration. you have shown me that i can make a difference. it is SO hard being far away from my "2nd family" but i know this is where the Lord wants me and I am called to reach out the seattle community. i love you all. hug the kids for me!

emmy