Wednesday, September 24, 2008

TODAY

Today, September 24th, 6 months after our first official fundraising event we have raised $5,390!! Today we have done a small part in fighting a statistic that we could not live with. Today we did something bigger than ourselves. Today God showed us that "if we make the effort He will make the difference"-Pastor Bob. Today we did not hear and look away. Today we helped someone that we will never know this side of Heaven. Today I told my children that because of them other children will live. Today I am overwhelmed and humbled by the greatness of my God. Today we proved that with God all things are possible. Today we listened to our children. Today we, we being every single person involved in this journey, became a part of the remedy.

You donated time, battled "can do" machines, you got creative, you went door to door, you prayed, you praised, you told your friends, you had the faith of children, you made me proud to know you, you blessed me with your generosity, you played your fiddles, you sold lemonade, you gave us your cans, you gave us money, you gave us your furniture to sell, you paid more than you needed for my baby clothes, you gave up birthday presents, you gave out of your abundance and you gave in the midst of need. You gave even though you had never met me before, you matched your can donation, you turned in your change, you watched a movie in our back yard and paid to do it, you left me speechless and on more than one occasion you left me in tears, and most of all, you have served the least of these. You fulfilled the words to one of my favorite DCB songs,

"...Where there is pain
Let us bring grace
Where there is suffering
Bring serenity
For those afraid
Let us be brave
Where there is misery
Let us bring them relief
And surely we can change
Surely we can change
Oh surely we can change
Something"

All glory to You my Lord and my Savior.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!!!Our God is an awesome God!! So neat to see this happening. I'm so proud of you for stepping out in faith. Tell Maris congrants. Love you guy, the Bennett's.

the shane said...

A great big THANK YOU! to all who have helped us meet the goal. It is awesome to know that we serve a big God that lets us be a part of big things for His glory. Thank you thank you thank you.

Maris - thank you for reminding mom and I that anything is possible.

Malia - thank you for hearing God's call and acting on it, and doing such an awesome job with the blog so we could all share in the progress. You are awesome and I love you.

Everyone else - thanks again...stay tuned for what's next...I know it will be big whatever it is

Angela said...

AWESOME!!!

Unknown said...

Hooray! I am so excited!
Just hanging out with your family these last few months and catching "wellbox fever" has been like being in the room when you hear the unborn baby's heartbeat for the first time. You realize in amazement that there is a life beginning and you can't wait to see what God has designed for you and for His glory.
The heartbeat of your family for the well, for serving others, and for tangibly giving the love of Jesus to others is just incredible. ...and it's contagious. Your family's heart has inspired me and our family to really start asking God what we, The Robison Five, can do to serve in such a way. Your children have proven true what Junior Asparagus sings...that little guys can do big things too...in the David and Goliath story. And I think the Robison kids are ready to pick up a few stones and take action for God.
Like the birth of a newborn baby, the purchase of this well is only the very beginning of what God will do because of the well and who knows how the love of Jesus will grow and grow through everyone the well reaches!
I think you guys are warriors and heroes today in the battle against apathy and the erroneous belief that our little effort won't make a big difference. (I like that Grandpa Bob!)
Can they giftwrap a well?
God is so faithful! Hooray Again!
-Monica

Anonymous said...

praise the Lord! what is next?! i'm ready.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! Let's go for the ground breaking... =-)
Love you guys...so happy to have been apart.

Beth said...

AMAZING! Congratulations and great job! I am so proud of you and talk about you to other all the time! Blessed to know you and can't wait to meet your precious kids!