Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dance Party!!!

So Shane went out for dinner tonight with his friend, so it was just me and the kids for dinner...we had great harvest bread. Yeah, that's it. There was no fruit, no vegetable, no protein, we decided to go straight carbs and fat. Fresh apple crunch bread toasted and dripping in butter, nice! Hope and I were done after two pieces while the other two just kept eating. So Hope says, "Mom can we listen to Whitney Houston?" Ummm heck yes we can. Normally we have to wait until after dinner to have music because everyone sings along even while their mouths are full and this leads to food spewing across the table and such. So Hope and I decided to serenade the other two. As you can see below we are just getting to the good part!






And then Nani had to join in the dancing...




No dance party is complete without a little Jackson 5 and Blame it on the Boogie!! Jennyth, Kruse wanted to make sure you saw his moon walk:)



I like to take things to the next level, as you can see. Look at Kruse looking at me, the embarrassment will continue my son. Seriously, there is a reason I can't sing. I would be the crazy old lady trying out for American Idol for 7 straight seasons! HA!! My eyes are closed!! Like in that Hugh Grant movie...About a Boy.



break dancing



Incidentally the night ended in tears as Hope said, Mom take a picture of me jumping off the chair! To which I promptly replied, OK!!!! Yeah, then Kruse walked by right as she jumped and she landed on him, it was then the "worst night ever" and our party was over...

5 comments:

Jen said...

"Oh... I wanna dance with somebody"..

Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Kruse, you look just like I did back in my day of the moonwalk... good job and good times!!!

Hope and Maris... you guys go. Remember, if you can hold it in your hand, it can be a microphone. And.. it may just be time for you guys to coordinate some 'routines' for your parents.

Malili... NO WORDS GIRL!!! Someone hit the sugar sauce... just sayin.

Love ya all. I can only imagine what would've happened if Shane was home!!!

Love Auntie Jen

Emily said...

SERIOUSLY....made my night!!! so funny. i'm a little concerned about your diet.. but this looks like the best dance party ever. i wish i could have been there. miss you guys so much!!!!

the Skips said...

1. laughing out loud.
2. NOW I know why you live in the woods.
3. NOW I know why Luke likes to break dance...of course, KRUSE does it.
4. Kruse looking at you is PRICELESS. Whenever I need a laugh, I am going to look at that picture of him.

Ah, I LOVE this post.

Beth said...

Awesome!!! :)

Rik no Blog said...

Certo!