Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Speechless

It's not often that I am speechless, but today I was. Jacob was all that I wanted him to be and more. I still can't believe that I met him today. When he was done speaking Cherrie and I went to meet him and when we were about ten feet away I stopped walking and told Cherrie that I couldn't talk, how do you even begin to try to explain to someone, whom you have never met, that they have completely changed your life. That because of them you will never be the same. How do you say that without sounding like a crazy stalker? She said "Malia, you have to talk to him!!" and literally pulled me a few steps toward him. He was so sweet and talked to us for quite a while and we hugged, twice:). We then got to have lunch with him and the roadies and had a question and answer session. So pretty much it was, as my niece says, "the greatest day ever!" I'm pretty sure my smile says it all...


7 comments:

the andersens said...

wow - wow - wow - wow, malia!!!!! can't wait to hear more about it, when you find your words again!
:-)

cherrie cornish said...

This was a divine appointment personally set up for you by our Savior.... I loved sharing this moment with you and so thankful to be in the moment!

the Skips said...

first of all, great job Cherrie for helping her to complete those last few steps toward him! Malia, I can't wait to HEAR more too! I watched his first movie last night. ugh. i have no words for that right now. ugh. AMAZING that you got to speak with him! Praise God for his PROVIDENCE!!!

Jen said...

HONESTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it when God does this kind of stuff!!!! Like I said before, wait until you get back from Uganda!

Jenny

Beth said...

So amazing! Can't wait to hear more!

Stutzman's Eight By Grace said...

Hey Malia-you probably don't know us, but Shane will-we went to RIOT at Morning Star for years with him....and know his sister and mom. We are friends with the Andersens and came to the worship for orphans in Keizer a few months ago and met you there. We are adopting from Ethiopia (#13 on baby girl 0-12monthslist) from all God's Children agency. We love your blog and we too are struggling with the things that you talk about-living here in a "normal and easy life" while kids are suffering and dying....I have talked to Melissa about this and it is just something that is on our hearts. We hope to get more involved with you guys and Worship defined. I told Melissa to let us know what you guys think of doing so that hopefully we can get involved. I am so excited for you to be going to Africa! What a wonderful experience it will be-we so hope to do that at some point. I am a nurse and would love to go for as that to help! Here is our blog-check it out and hopefully we can eventually meet again! :-) We are having a silent auction dessert night fundraiser at Emmanuel Bible Church on April 20th from 6-8pm...if you guys would want to come withhe kids. It will just be dessert and really casual. It is to benefit our adoption and we hope to have several adoptive families there-would be great to see you guys, but not sure when you get back.
Hope to get to know you better-tell Shane hi-your family is beautiful! Adam and Amber Stutzman
www.adamandamberstutzman.blogspot.com

awitha@verizon.net

Rik no Blog said...

Sobre encontro!