Monday, March 15, 2010

SHUT UP!!!

I'm freaking out right now...freaking out!! So my love for Uganda all started the night I watched Invisible Children a few years ago. Specifically with a young boy named Jacob on the film. At any moment on any day I can hear Jacob crying, literally I can close my eyes and hear the sound of a sorrow I have ever heard in my life. He was told not to cry by the LRA and in this moment while being filmed he breaks down and I promise you if you watch it you will never be the same. Jacob is Uganda to me. And now here I am, less than a month to travel, and I'm thinking about Jacob so naturally I go to Invisible Children's website to see what is new and they have a new Legacy Tour. It says, "10 Stories transformed by war. 10 Advocates for peace. 10 Tours across America" So I click on NW and who do you think is on our tour!?!?!? Are you freaking kidding me, Jacob. Jacob is on our tour, Jacob is going to be at George Fox University on Wednesday, this Wednesday, I am going to see Jacob on Wednesday, 3 weeks before I go to Uganda I am meeting Jacob. Shut up!

This is a brief history of Invisible Children and you can meet Jacob here:



This has a little more of Jacob...



I am so very excited to meet Jacob, but the reality is Joseph Kony is still out there. Jacob has been rescued but there are tens of thousands of children still in Uganda being kidnapped, forced to kill, raped, maimed, and murdered by the LRA and we cannot sit here and pretend that it is not happening...

1 comment:

Angela said...

Holy Smokes that is so awesome!!!
I miss you my friend! We are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia so please be praying for us. I will be praying for you and your trip to Uganda! AWESOME! Love you!