Tuesday, November 18, 2008

PLEASE, PLEASE, PRAY FOR HAITI

Okay this is soooo very exciting!!! So I mentioned that Cynthia, my mother-in-law, joined Rotary and took us to their weekly lunch to share about the wellbox. It was great to learn more about their incredible organization and we even raised over a hundred dollars while we were there!! Well Cynthia is becoming more involved and has joined an international board and she nominated Pastor Lavaud to receive a well. Today we found out that it could be MULTIPLE wells!! This is beyond incredible... can you feel my excitement right now? I can only begin to imagine the impact that this will make for the people of Hinche. Hope and I are going to go to the lunch tomorrw and do what we can to sway the vote:) I pulled out my photo album from our trip so they can see the beauty as well as the desperation in the faces of the children. Please pray with us for this miracle and life changing opportunity for the homeland of my precious daughter. They vote tomorrow at 11:00, the prayer of a righteous man is both powerful and effective!!

By the way in case you missed it, Extreme Home Makeover featured a family who adopted 5 boys from Haiti, and 3 from the inner city, and had 3 biological boys... that's 11 boys!! It was a great story and good to see Haiti talked about, you can watch it at abc.com if you missed it.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Hi Malia! Wow! That is so incredible! Its great to see how your obedience to the Lord's call has paved the way for more opportunities! Hope you are all doing well!

Angela said...

So amazing!!!
So excited to see what God is going to do here!

Anonymous said...

i wanna know how it went....call me!! you know i'm up late.