Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What's Next for the Well Box

We have wondered for awhile what direction God would lead us in next following the purchase of our well... should we raise money for another well or do something different? I have just been patiently waiting for God to show us, knowing that in His perfect time He would, and He did through another child! The morning of our Hero's Welcome Miss Lauren, Lance's daughter, asked me if she could tell everyone that came that night about her idea to send stuff to the soldiers stationed in Afghanistan and to the children of Afghanistan. The moment she said it I thought of Damaris and her vision for the well and I knew that this would be our next adventure. The Well Box had a surplus of $250 as Rick and Cherrie had slipped a check in the box without me knowing! We used some of the money for the party but the rest will be spent on our new mission.



I wish I had a video of Lauren on this night. As you can see by the proud look on her father's face she did a wonderful job sharing her idea with all of us. Damaris and I and Lauren and her mom, Kelli, are going to go shopping with our extra money and bless our service men and women as well as the children who are living in a war torn country.

One more thing, after I knew this was what was next for us I put it together that when God gave me the vision for "I am mother, sister, friend" raising money for the well fulfilled I am Mother, and this new adventure fulfills I am Friend! I was reminded that having big dreams and vision is wonderful but I cannot wait for the miracle, "I need to be the miracle"(Pastor Bob). My greatest desire and prayer is that I AM will happen but I need to do what I can where I am at, with what I have now in this moment.

No comments: